CONTACT US

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Vermicompost, Finally!

Belated post.

08-03-2018 Thursday

I have been wanting to have my own Worm bin / vermicompost since I started gardening but whenever I do some study on it, seeing the crawling creatures on the net specially on youtube, I quickly get turned off. I can't stand it but as a gardener, I must overcome this.

Still, I am not able to but at least, now I have my own vermicompost bin, that thanks to my Partner in crime, TC; for agreeing to help to raise them.



Antara bahan2 yang disediakan untuk bedding

Partners in Crime, yang betul2 kerja TC ngan my father jer... Baju Kelabu dan pink tu kacau jer tu ;-)

Handy work of my father results from their 1-hour shopping at the hardware shop.
memang geng la klu dorang dua ni pigi shopping

DIY - ini untuk collect the Vermicompost tea untuk buat baja nanti






Peatmoss


Peatmoss layer on top of the bedding

Kitchen watse / scraps. For the worms' food






















Lastly cover another layer of cocopeat, mist it to give some moist and the cover with lid.
The lid must have holes for air circulation

I was told, after 2-3 months then we can harvest the vermicompost. I can't wait !

No comments:

Post a Comment