CONTACT US

Friday, January 26, 2018

Hydrangea


I bought my first Hydrangea Plant in 2016 then it flowers twice and never after that, and I know why?
It was badly treated as I was totally new and did not study of how to care for it.

As I experienced, this flower plant is always thirsty so you need to keep them moist all the time. They love the sun but not too piercing one. Half shade will be good enough.

Pic Credit: https://www.waysidegardens.com/everlasting-revolution-hydrangea/p/47825/
To brighten up this post, let me share with you a beautiful picture of the blooms. Soo chantik kan!!! Mind you, the color of the flower head changes according to the soil pH, Acidic soil with a pH less than 5.5 will produce blue flowers, soil with a pH greater than 5.5 will give a nice beautiful pink color flower

Planting tips:
rich, porous (somewhat moist) soil
add compost to enrich poor soil
Love full sun (morning sun) and afternoon shade-partial best!
Leaves will quickly wilt if the soil too dry (give them plenty of water, as I said earlier, they are thirsty plant)

A few days ago, I tried to propagate Hydrangea by simply a cutting, placed it in car porch, looking good now hopefully it will thrive.




No comments:

Post a Comment